Monday 16 April 2012

Evaluation - Looking back at the preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Our preliminary task which we did at the beginning of the year is vastly different from the final opening I created. At the beginning of the year when we were set our preliminary task we were only told to do a sequence of someone walking through a door to have some dialogue with another character within the room then the character walking out of the room. Our preliminary task is rudimentary and compared with our final coursework there is a vast difference. For our preliminary task was a person walking into a room and having a thumb war with someone in the room then walking out again.

As opposed to my final coursework piece for our preliminary task we did minimum planning as we just needed the shots not necessarily a solid script, we didn’t have a strong plot as we only needed the shots. Our preliminary task only took an hour to plan, shoot and edit. This compared to my final piece which took months to plan, film and edit. As the preliminary task took such a little amount of time it was a shock when I had to spend months planning and executing my plan for my final cut of my film opening. I started out with a rough idea of what my film would be about that I then developed over time, I then started to plan where I would film my opening. This compared to my preliminary task was quite arduous.

By creating our preliminary task we learnt to use the software and camera equipment, I have learnt many different techniques. By learning how to edit clips together to get the continuity correctly, so as the character walked through the door, then from the other side of the door they were still walking through. We also had to edit the sound so even when the camera wasn’t focussed on the face of the person speaking you could still hear their voice. By learning the basics of editing at this early stage in the course it was much easier to edit my final opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment