Monday 16 April 2012

Evaluation - What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

In the process of making my final cut of my film opening I have used many different technologies to construct my final piece. I have used different websites to research my film and others like it, I have used different programs to edit my footage and I have used different pieces of equipment to capture the necessary footage needed to create my film.

In order to research different films with the same genre as mine I used the popular film and television database of www.imdb.com. This website was very helpful and had lots of information that I used to research and plan my opening. I also used www.google.com to get copyright free images for my ident.

The equipment I used to collect my footage for my opening were two different types of cameras. I used the standard digital camera to shoot all of my clips and I used an SLR camera to take the photos of men which I also used in my opening. I learnt how to use both of these types of cameras and the advantages and disadvantages of both.

I used two different programs to edit my final cut of my film, originally I used Adobe Premier Pro to edit all of my footage together and this is the program I used for the majority of my film. I also used Avid to try and edit my film in ways that Adobe couldn’t however, this process took too long and so I decided to stick with using Adobe. I also used Photoshop to edit the photos of the men that I took and drew circles around their heads and crossed them out, to do this I used a tablet which connected to the computer so I could draw it with my hand rather than a mouse. To make my idents I used another Adobe program, Adobe After Effects. I used this to both animate images and text in my idents and I also used this to create some of my titling in the opening sequence.

I also used the website www.youtube.com to upload and distribute my final cut as well as other films I’d made throughout the year such as my preliminary film and I also used this website to upload my idents.

No comments:

Post a Comment